2005 Holley NHRA National Hot Rod Reunion, Presented by DuPont Automotive Finishes
WHAT:The Third Annual Holley NHRA National Hot Rod Reunion, presented by DuPont Automotive Finishes and produced by the WallyParksNHRAMotorsportsMuseum0, will honor Corky Coker, the Dead End Kids, Hubert Platt, Sy Sidebotham and Arlen Vanke and feature a fabulous array of cool drag cars, street rods and customs of the historic and present-day hot rod eras. Grand Marshal for the event will be "Gentleman" Joe Schubeck. The Justice Brothers Spotlight Award will be given to the S & S Racing Team.
Among the nostalgic drag racing classes showcased on the track will be Top Fuel, Junior Fuel, Supercharged Gassers, classic Funny Cars, Fuel Altereds, classic Super Stocks and a variety of exhibition entries. The weekend Reunion program features a giant hot rod festival, including pre-1972 hot rods, street rods, customs, classics, rat rods, muscle cars; T-Roadsters and trucks, the Reunion Swap Meet; Manufacturer’s Midway, Friday night NHRR Reception at the Holiday Inn University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center Ballroom in Bowling Green; Saturday “Pit Pass Barbecue”; and much more!
Plus, on Saturday night at we’re running the sensational “Cacklefest” – classic nitro-burning, front-engine fuelers, push-started just like the “old days.”
Among BeechBendPark’s premium attractions: a full-tilt amusement park, with rides and games for all ages, and a 500-space campground in a rustic woodland setting, many with full hookups. (Reservations for campground spaces must be made in advance, directly with BeechBendPark. Phone the reservation hotline: 270-781-7634.)
WHEN:Friday through Sunday, June 17-19, 2005, with Late Registration and “Will Call” on Thursday, June 16th.
(Effective March 10, 2005 - Subject to Change)
THURSDAY, JUNE 16
— “Will Call” and late participant registration at the Holiday Inn University Plaza Hotel.
· – — Vendor set-up and pit parking
·Bowling Green Convention & Visitors Bureau "Early Bird Cruise" departs the Convention Center for Cruise of the Area.
FRIDAY, JUNE 17
· -- Gates Open
·-- Participant registration at BeechBendPark
· -- Judging for SoffSeal Show-n-Shine “Top 50.”
· – Holley Factory Open House.
· -- Qualifying and time trials. Exhibition runs throughout the day.
· --BeechBendParkReunion activities on Friday include “Memory Lane,” featuring nostalgic race cars, a hot rod festival, including pre-1972 street rods, customs, classics and muscle cars, a giant Reunion Swap Meet; and a Reunion Midway filled with manufacturer exhibits.
·7 p.m. to midnight – National Hot Rod Reunion Reception at Bowling Green University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center Ballroom (open to everyone; no invitation required, includes extensive parking lot car display, autograph sessions, on-stage salute to Reunion Honorees).
SATURDAY, JUNE 18
· -- Gates open
· -- : Participant registration at BeechBendPark.
·-- BeechBendParkReunion activities continue on Saturday, including “Memory Lane,” featuring nostalgic race cars, a hot rod festival, including pre-1972 street rods, hot rods, customs, classics and muscle cars; a giant Reunion Swap Meet; and a Reunion Midway filled with manufacturer exhibits and demonstrations.
· – : Judging of the SoffSeal Show-n-Shine
· -- -- Final qualifying and time trials. Exhibition runs throughout the day.
· -- Special awards and introduction of Honorees.
· -- Parish Heacock Barbeque - included with full advance-ticketing credential purchase.
· -- Twilight Memorial at which a few minutes are set aside to remember racers and hot rodders we’ve lost in the past year.
· – Concert performance by Gary Lewis & the Playboys at BeechBendPark’s outdoor amphitheater for all attendees. Also a mid-show break to announce the Top 50 “SoffSeal Show-n-Shine” winners.
· – Special Awards presentation.
· -- Final Top Fuel Qualifying under the lights!
·– Twilight Memorial and “Cacklefest” - Nitro-burning front-engine fuelers and other classic race cars are push-started just like in the “old days.” A Reunion crowd favorite!
SUNDAY, JUNE 19
· -- Gates open
·8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. -- Beech Bend Park Reunion activities continue on Sunday with more “Memory Lane,” featuring nostalgic race cars, a hot rod festival, including pre-1972 street rods, customs, classics and muscle cars, a giant Reunion Swap Meet; and a Reunion Midway filled with manufacturer exhibits and demonstrations.
·8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. -- Soffseal Show 'n Shine throughout the day
· -- “Racers for Christ” Services.
· -- “Top 50” cars assemble in the midway display area. Awards presented at the Raceway starting line followed by a cruise down the strip.
· -- Eliminations begin on the drag strip. Exhibition runs continue throughout the day.
· -- Winners Circle Awards presentations
· – Reunion Closes
REUNION FEATURES:Full quarter-mile competition with a full roster of contestants in various nostalgia National Hot Rod Reunion racing categories, plus hundreds of historic race cars on exhibit. A special feature is the “Cacklefest,” a famous feature developed at the California Hot Rod Reunion. Nitro-burning front-engine fuelers and other classic race cars are push started just like in the “old days.” A Reunion crowd favorite!
The Reunion Swap Meet and the Manufacturer’s Midway will be open to all fans in attendance Friday through Sunday.Plus, special street rod activities will feature hundreds of the country’s top street rods, and pre-1972 classics, customs and muscle cars.
TICKETS:Full-event credential is $50 (includes admission and pit pass for all days, preferred parking, Swap Meet, Manufacturer’s Midway, car shows, bleacher seating at all the nostalgia drag races, barbecue, goody-bag, dash plaque, program, and more). Junior credentials (under 16) $10.
Participants pre-registering race cars; 1972 and earlier street rods, muscle cars, classics and customs; and historic display competition vehicles will receive two full-event credentials and a special parking pass. Only qualified pre-registered vehicles will be admitted to the racing or show ‘n shine areas. Pre-entry registration ends June 3, 2005. Racers may enter a car and two participants for $75.
General admission/pit pass, per person: Friday, $10; Saturday, $20; Sunday, $20.Children 15 and under are free when accompanied by an adult.Includes access to all activities held on that day, but does not include the barbecue, goody-bag, dash plaque and program.
Show 'n Shine entrants admission $50 for entrant and one guest.
For further ticket or vehicle registration information, call NHRR Hotline at 909-622-8562. Tickets go on sale February 15th by calling (800) 884-NHRA and soon online.
Holley NHRA National Hot Rod Reunion, Presented by DuPont Automotive Finishes
Send entry forms to:
National Hot Rod Reunion P. O. Box 2345 Pomona, CA 91769
Produced by and benefitting The Wally Parks NHRAMotorsportsMuseum -- 909/622-8562